RSS

Chris T-T - Unfeasibly Fussy About The Hyphen

Mark Faulkner Filed Under: Labels: ,


On Monday morning I had never listened to a single song by Chris T-T, a musician from Brighton.
I arrived at the radio studio where I do my show (Shameless plug to 12-2 on Mondays www.kicfm.com/shows/mark) to be asked whether I want to complete an interview with Chris at the O2 academy in Birmingham. This of course was very exciting as I hadn't been to the new Academy yet and the interview meant I'd get to be nosey around the dressing rooms and get in for free. You can never say no to free music.

Well what can I say, the new venue is superb, far less grubby than the last one and the backstage area wasn't too bad. Chris T-T was playing the Academy 3, the smallest of the academies and confessed during my interview that it probably wouldn't be too busy. He wasn't wrong with about 40 people having the privilege of watching him play through his album. Unfortunately, because I'd had a long day starting with my radio show I could only sample 4 of the songs but I must admit that I really enjoyed them. Put simply, Chris is a Musician who loves writing songs about things. He says his influences come from Springsteen and American Soft Rock, and UK Folk Music.

The reason he is touring at the moment is that he has a new album out: Love Is Not Rescue. This one is far more personal than his last few and he admitted during the interview that he had attempted to make an album without an agenda, be it political or other. The first single from his new album, Nintendo, came out two weeks ago and you can sample that below. Also you can hear the interview with Chris below Nintendo. Bare in mind that this is the unpolished version and the full one will be full or KIC fms and the such!

Hopefully you'll see what a genuinely nice bloke he is and enjoy his music while you are at it.



Mark E Faulkner

edit post

0 Responses to "Chris T-T - Unfeasibly Fussy About The Hyphen"

Post a Comment