RSS

more to hip hop!

Mathew Mayes Filed Under: Labels: , , ,

As this is my first post I will try to write it in the manner I wish to go on, by keeping it short and sweet. Hip hop is a genre of music that is widely stereotyped.
The usual cliches would be a culture of drugs, guns and money. It is my intention to try and promote and portrait it with a more accurate and fair perspective. There is a lot more to it, but as is the way in the current music industry, you sometimes have to show a little commitment and search behind the scenes to find the good stuff.

My biggest piece of advice would be to check out what has been labeled the alternative/indie hip hop scene, a sub-genre free from the usual gimmicks, it's where I will find a lot of material to post.

A lot of praise has to go to Mathew Mayes for getting this blog up and running. I'm sure it will go from strength to strength and it means a great deal that he would ask me to contribute to it. The plan is to keep you guys informed with at least one weekly post. Hopefully I will expose you to the latest releases as well as sneaking in a few underground gems.

For now I will leave it there , below is a trailer for the impending release by the minnesota based rap outfit 'Doomtree'. On December 5th, at their annual 'Blowout' gig, they will release the latest in their 'False Hopes' album series entitled; 'False Hopes XV'.



Enjoy!

Noodle



edit post

0 Responses to "more to hip hop!"

Post a Comment